Sunday, February 3, 2008

Sankethi get-together 2008 sankranthi habba

Yesterday I went to Sankethi Koota. It was at Sanathana Dharma Kendra. This was our Sankranti meeting.

I was in the art contest. I drew the Ganesha Yantram. The Ganesha Yantram is a geometrical figure that has religious significance. It represents the power of Lord Ganesha. Next year, I will draw it again on Ganesha Haba {festival}. I practiced drawing the picture a number of times. I didn’t want to be in the art contest at first, but after that I started to like drawing. I only had help once. We had 1 hour to draw our picture. Swathi did a Sankranti village scene. Sanjana, Sanjana, and Sanjana (threesome!) were also in the art contest. I didn’t think I was good at art until now. I finished with ten minutes to spare. Aditi, Aditi, and Ananya were some of the people I knew that were in the art contest. My drawing was the neatest, but I didn’t get a prize. Swathi won second place in her division.



Then I played with my friends. Soon after, I had to do a play. It was the Kannada version of “The Emperors New Clothes”. I had to practice the play every day for 2 weeks. When we started practicing, it was a bit difficult, but the more we practiced, the better I got. My dad made a English script for us. I was the raja{king}, Swathi was the darji{dressmaker}, and our younger cousin, Aditi, was the innocent child. Everyone thought I was a laugh riot. I had to come out in biking shorts and an undershirt in the last act. I also got chocolate.

Then I played army freeze tag with my friends for a long time. Then I served food in the cafeteria. Finally, after talking with my friends for a while, I left. I enjoyed the day a lot.

No comments: