Saturday, July 12, 2008

My ‘Fourth of July’ Weekend Activities

These three days, I’ve done many things. On the first day, I went to the Pichetti Ranch. I had a great time watching the scenery. On the second day, I went to Brentwood’s Smith Family Farm. I picked a whole bunch of tomatoes and 2 boysenberries. On the third day, I went to see a movie called WALL-E with my dad and sister. It was the best movie ever. I will now explain in extreme detail what I did at Brentwood and Pichetti Ranch, and WALL-E.

Pichetti Ranch:
On the first day, 7/4/ 08, I went to the Pichetti Ranch. We were going hiking there. We left at 9:00. it was a foggy time of day. When we got there, we saw a dancing peacock. A peacock dances during foggy weather. We took a picture of it. After seeing the peacock, we started hiking down the Zinfandel Trail. We hiked for about 0.5 mile when we saw a non-existent lake. It looked more like a very green field to me. Then we hiked for another 0.5 mile. We stopped and took pictures. I took 2 pictures and my sister took 2 pictures. We hiked for 1.5 miles after that. We were almost to the other side of the trail when my sister got hungry. We went back to the last trail intersection we saw. There we sat down and ate our brunch. We had idli and sambar for our brunch. It was the best brunch I ever had. Then we took the Bear Meadow Trail until the next intersection. On the way there, we saw a huge pile of horse dung. We took the Orchard Loop trail from the intersection. It had a huge, steep ascent. When we finally got back on flat ground, we were relieved. Then we had to go down a bunch of steep descents. When the ranch was in sight, we took the long way around it. We saw the peacock one last time and left.


Brentwood:

On the second day, I went to the Smith Family Farm in Brentwood. It was a huge place. It even had a fruit stand. The first things we picked were tomatoes. They were ripe, but really dirty. We still picked 12 pounds of yellow tomatoes. We felt like we walked for 2 miles before we got to the boysenberry field. There were barely any boysenberries there. Somehow, we still found 1 and half dollars worth of boysenberries. After picking fruits, we went to the fruit stand and got strawberries and a watermelon. I carried a huge watermelon all by myself. After getting fruits, we went to the P.W. Market and got the most delectable chocolate donuts we ever tasted. Then me, my sister, my parents and grandmother went to the Livermore Temple for prayer and lunch. After having lunch at the Livermore temple, we went home.

WALL-E:
On the last day of my weekend, I went to a movie called WALL-E, which was made by PIXAR animation. It’s about a robot named WALL-E. He is the very last WALL-E robot on earth. He was there for 700 years compacting garbage while the human race was living on a luxury space cruiser. WALL-E meets a robot named EVE who was sent by the humans to find life samples on earth. The only thing she thought of was finding life. When EVE goes into lockdown because she found a plant, a spaceship came down to Earth and takes EVE. WALL-E, however, hangs on to the ship. When EVE gets to the humans, a sinister robot programmed to make sure the humans never get back to Earth named AUTO steals the plant. WALL-E is sent to the repair ward with EVE when the plant is stolen. There, WALL-E frees a bunch of rouge robots that aren’t programming slaves. With the help of WALL-E, MO, EVE, and the rest of the rouge robots, the humans are able return to Earth. However, AUTO destroyed 99 percent of WALL-E. EVE rushes WALL-E to his room where he kept his spare parts and trinkets when they got to Earth after shutting down AUTO. She quickly rebuilds him. However, WALLE becomes a programming slave. Somehow, however, EVE is able to remind WALLE about his past. The human race was saved.

No comments: