Thursday, August 7, 2008

Canada Trip -July 2008

In July 2008, I went on a huge trip through America and Canada. I had been waiting for this trip for months. It was a 8 day trip.

On 7/22/08, I went to Dallas, Texas. I took a plane at 6:00 clock Pacific Time. I also ate a chocolate chip cookie. While I was on the plane, I read a book called Eragon and took a nap. I was a 2 hour-long flight. It was 12:00 Mountain Time, which is 2 hours faster than Pacific Time when we got there. I ate my dinner when I got to my grandmother’s sister’s house. I felt exhausted, but when I tried to sleep, I couldn’t. I just stayed up until 2:A.M. Mountain Time.

On 7/23/08, I woke up late. I brushed my teeth, took a bath, and ate my breakfast before lunch. I played with my second cousin, Pranav, who is 1 and a half. In the evening, I went to Detroit, Michigan. I did the same things I did on the way to Dallas. It was late after I went to my third cousins, Vignesh’s and Anagha’s house. I just slept after getting there.

On 7/24/08, I played with Vignesh. We played in his backyard and on the computer. I had lots of fun with him, but at 12:00, we had to leave. We drove for 4 hours to Niagara Falls, Ontario. We went through the border between America and Canada. It was something I’ll never forget. It took us almost half an hour to pass. When we got to Niagara Falls, we went to the falls. We went behind the falls in Journey Behind The Falls. It was so rough I got blown back every time I went to the right side as well as getting soaked. After that, we went and saw Niagara’s Fury. First we saw a mini-movie about Niagara Falls’ history. Then we went on a 4-D simulated boat and helicopter ride around a simulated early Niagara Falls. At 10:00, we went to our hotel and slept.

7/25/08 was my dad’s birthday. We couldn’t buy him a cake, so we made him one and had a small celebration at the hotel. I made a card for him. At 9:00, we caught the second Maid Of The Mist VII boat. It was just like Journey Behind The Falls except it was even cooler. When it was over, we went on the White Water Walk, took pictures, and ate ice cream. We left for Toronto, the capital of Ontario, immediately after the White Water Walk. We took a bus tour of the city. We didn’t get down at a castle called Casa Loma because we couldn’t go inside. Casa Loma was built in the early 1900s by a rich man named Sir Henry Pallat. It cost over 3 million dollars to build. Right after he built it, he went bankrupt. To add to his troubles, his wife died as well. We got of at a building called the CN Tower. Until 2007, it was the tallest freestanding structure in the world. The view from up there was magnificent. When we left the tower. We went on a boat tour of the islands around Toronto. When we got of the boat, we found a place to eat pizza. The slices were a third the size of a normal pizza slice, but they were twice as tasty. After eating pizza, we went to a hotel on the outskirts of Montreal, Quebec. The trip took many hours & we reached there at the wee hours of morning (2.30am).

On 7/26/08, we took a tour of Montreal. One of our first stops was the church NotreDame Basquille. In front of it were some horse-drawn carriages. There was about 20 or more stained glass paintings. It was a very spacious church. It had many rooms. There were also a few statues. Some people have their weddings at the church. The waiting list for a wedding is two years. It seemed weird that such a big city like Montreal was so quiet. That was because most activities in Montreal take place underground. Our next stop was a short picture and rest stop near the Olympic Stadium. I took a few pictures of it. None of us went there, though. Our next stop was a huge church for all religions. I took a picture of it, the garden, a large building close to it, and a statue. We passed by one of the biggest graveyards in the world. It had over 1 million graves. Our final stop was on top of a huge hill called Mount Royale. I took pictures of my family with a view of the city in between them. I also took a picture of the whole city. We were on the opposite side of where the Olympic Stadium was. It was miles away.

We went to Quebec City, Quebec. Quebec city was the first French settlement in North America. All the street signs and names were in French. It really was like a European city. We saw a park that went on for acres and acres. There was also a beautiful fountain built by a clothing store in Quebec. We also saw a statue commemorating a French woman by name Joan of Ark. After the tour, my sister and I got soft ice cream. At night, we went to the outskirts of Ottawa, the capital of Canada.

The scenery and landscapes in Canada were beautiful. California was a desert compared to Canada. It gave a whole new meaning to the term greenery. The flowers were all sorts of colors. The roads there were thinner than the ones in the U.S. The flowerbeds on the side of the highway were extravagant, exotic, and colorful.

On 7/27/08, we went to the Museum Of Natural History. We started with pre-history. We saw the bones of ancient mammals, reptiles, and dinosaurs. We saw a mini-movie about how the dinosaurs went extinct. In room 2,we learnt about modern mammals. In room 3, we learnt about the ice age. In room 4, we learnt about birds in the bird gallery. We went to the gift shop afterwards and bought some books. We went to the Capital Building soon after. The Capital Building is where the Canadian parliament has meetings. We took a few pictures of it and left. We were headed for Detroit. At lunchtime, we bought pizza from Hot Fresh Pizza Pizza. It was the most delicious pizza we ever ate. It took us 9 hours to get to Detroit. We left Ottawa at 1:00 and got to Detroit at 10:00. When we got there, I played with my cousin for hours.

On 7/28/08, my grandmother, sister, and mom went back to California. Vignesh and me played with aircrafts in the morning. It was funny. We each had two planes. Vignesh launched 100s of heat-seeking missiles. The first time, I shut down all my power and they went to the sun. Luckily, my base was in Asia, where it was nighttime. At Vignesh’s base, it was daytime. His base got incinerated. The second time, I did the same thing and the missiles hit Destiny, a spaceship that was going to colonize Mars. Then I launched a space ship. It colonized Mars first, so I won the game. We also played Wii sports and built our own army camp.

On 7/29/08, I left for California at 4:00 am. When I got home, I did some math and found out we drove and flew for 36 hours during our trip. That’s 1 and half days. My trip was exciting and fun, but in the end, I was happy to get home.

No comments: