Thursday, March 26, 2009

Milpitas, Milpitas

I wrote this poem about my town, Milpitas. I got the inspiration because my sister had to write a poem and I decided to also write one. I wrote it for my school newspaper an tried to get it published in the local newspaper, the Milpitas Post.

Here it is:

Milpitas, Milpitas
What a great place to be
All the wonderful places
And people to see

Chip engineers and the Great Mall, oh my
If you want to see everything, you’ll be on the fly

Most don’t know us and call us insignificant
Yet, truly, we’re actually very magnificent

Our education is the greatest
We’re the best at tests
Wonder what our grades are
They’re A+, A+, and A+ by far

Milpitas, Milpitas
What a great place to visit
If Yoda were here, he’d say
More than you can chew, you have bit

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

No comments: