Sunday, November 28, 2010

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows-Part 1-Review

I’m not even going to introduce it this time. Where is your home-rock if you haven’t ever heard about Harry Potter. The beginning of the end has started. I watched the movie on 11/26/10, and let me tell you, it’s great.
First things first: we all know just about every book-based movie has some inaccuracy. Just like with the other Potter movies, if you want a comprehensive, word for word, reiteration, go read the book. I know some fans will rage (don’t call me ignorant, I read the book, I know what happens), but at this point, I don’t give a darn. It’s a good movie, and that’s what we’re here for.
I know no one wants spoilers, even though the book is a gigantic one. If you haven’t read it, stop reading. If you have, what do I have to tell you?
It’s a serious movie. It doesn’t have the slight comedy elements of Half-Blood Prince and, to be a bit unoriginal, it sets a darker tone. But there is one funny bit. Sorry if I mess it up.

Dobby:*Knocks down chandelier on top of Bellatrix*

Bellatrix: YOU COULD HAVE KILLED ME!

Dobby: Dobby was not trying to kill… perhaps maim or… seriously injure.

By the way, there’s new Dobby voice acting, and it’s not as good as the old one. Also, that text was not in the book, but who the frik cares, it’s hilarious.
Some say that the movie follows the story too much. Have you read the book? I would use a snappier line, but I’d rather not offend my readers. In any case it is different, and skips large parts of chapters and skips some medium-important things. You can find an excuse for this, though. What you can’t find a excuse for: THEY MESSED UP THE DATE OF HARRY’S BIRTHDAY!
Yeah. The movie’s awesome. Watch it. I COMMAND YOU, FOR MY POWER LEVEL IS OVER 9000 BECAUSE I HAVE FALCON PUNCH ON MY SIDE! Hooray for references to references I don’t understand.

No comments: