Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The 12th of September was my 13th birthday, and it was awesome. Don't you hate how every multitude of years, your birthday is on a Monday. A Monday, of all days. Not, I dunno, a "normal" Tuesday, or Wednesday, or Thursday. Not a "good old" Friday. Not an "amazing" Saturday. Not a "slightly disappointing but still not a weekday" Sunday. A Monday. The cursed day. The day on the ubiquitous "I Hate Mondays" mugs. Sure, none of this matters if your birthday is in a summer, but mine is just on the edge: September. Doesn't matter this time though. I celebrated the night before with family. My mother and grandmother made my favorite foods, and my sister helped my mom make a homemade cake. It was delicious. The next day, I got gifts in the morning. If you don't know, I ALWAYS wore my old watch. Even when I slept. 23.75/7. Where's that other fourth of an hour? The time when I'm taking a bath. I got my watch specially 2 years ago, and I got a new one on my birthday. It was the iWatch: the only product that ever came from Apple that isn't just an inferior product with a sticker on it. Some may say: it still costed a bit. To that, I say, Have you SEEN the price tag on a Rolex? The iWatch is a watch with an iPod Nano. It's NOT an iPod Nano, it's a WATCH, DANGIT! It just has a Nano in it. I also got Rock of Ages and Deus Ex: Human Revolution (thank god, it's actually good, as opposed to Invisible War. Hand the mind-bleach, I thought about it again). The Saturday after, I had a celebration with a small group of friends. We talked, had some pizza, etc. etc. watched Bashcraft: The Legend of Hobo. Did I ever mention that that serial is awesome? Episode 1: "WHO. ARE. YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" "I think you already know who I am..." "Oh no!" "I am the burning lake!" Episode 2: "SHOW ME YOUR POWERS, YOU FOOL!" "Well, if you insist... LET THERE BE CREEPERS!" "SsssSSsSs BOOM!" Enough quotes from the creator of the universe. We went to see the movie Contagion, a review of which shall be forthcoming in the next days. Let's just say that it's a good movie. Also, I'm a weak and pathetically paranoid bugger. We had cake on our return. I enjoyed being able to talk to my friends at home, two of which had never been here. Overall, I had a great 13th birthday. I'll be talking to my loyal readers again soon with the movie review (which, hopefully, doesn't get delayed to the bowels of the earth like most of my blogs do :)

2 comments:

iron said...

yay im one of them.

iron said...

yay i was in that party. :D