Yesterday,10/5/07,I had to say a speech in front of all the intermediates in my school.I had the most competition because I was going for treasurer against 8 people,more students than any other spot on the student council.
I listened to a lot of speeches.Finally,it was my turn.This is my speech:
1. My name is Abhi Ramaprasad.I'm in 4th grade.This year,I'm running for the post of treasurer in the Student Council.
2. I would like to tell you why I'm very suitable for this position.First of all,I'm good at math and I can keep track of money very efficiently.I am very organised.I go by the rules all the time.This is my 5th year at Pomeroy and I'm very glad to say I've never been in detention.
3.When it comes to money,I am very careful.If I have money in hand,I don't spen it all unneccessarily because I know the value of money.
4. I'm a very responsible student.This applies to everything I do do.I'm very happy to tell you that I was student of the month in room 24 and 14 for responsibility in September 2007.
5. I am a very good team player.This makes me very suitable because I have to work with other Student Council members.I respect others ideas and put forward mine when I'm in a discussion.
6. I would like your support and vote for me in the Student Council Election.
7. Don't forget:
That's Abhi.Vote for Abhi today.
I lost to Baghdeeps sister,Ramith, who was in 6th grade,but I'm still my class representative.I was nervous because I followed my mom and dad's instructions for writing the speech and for my prop banner.I thought what they wanted was crazy.But I got the loudest applause.Anthony,Simran,Austin,Nathan,Akshath,and I all lost the spot to Ramith.I said good job to her after school.She said she thought I was going to win and she said she thought my speech was the best.
My teacher,Mrs.Downey,really liked my speech.Lot of kids liked it.It was a great experience.On 10/8/07,Mrs.Brown,Baghdeep's 5th grade teacher,told my dad that she thought my speech was fabulous.
my new blog
4 years ago