Wednesday, July 28, 2010

High School Musical 2- The Musical Review

Intro:

Fro those of you who have lived under a rock for the past few years, High School Musical was a phenomenal movie series started by Disney that is huge. It makes me want to puke. Worse still, they ACTUALLY made a musical of it. Just to make it clear, I have nothing against the actors, just the whole story, which caused me to make this very mocking review of a movie-musical that causes nausea.


Storyline:

To be honest, there is no storyline. The famous high school students finish junior year (FYI, some of those “high school students” are still in middle school). Sharpe, the main villain, once again, causes strife to win the love of Troy by bribing him with a college scholarship at a summer job at the country club owned by Sharpe’s father(where the whole high school gets jobs, as well as Troy)… or at least make it look like she is his girlfriend. And now they have a ridiculously overdramatized talent competition and everyone wants Troy on their side. Ugh. I wonder who wrote the original storyline. Disney should fire them. Of course, everyone knows that Disney’s own live action movies fail miserably, and in my mind this is no exception, no matter how many people like it. On the other hand, their classics like Alladin and others are much better, and ALL of Disney/Pixar’s movies are phenomenally great (read my recent review of Toy Story 3), but there live action just fails because they miss a fundamental part of live-action: the action. But I’m obligated to say that the actors in the musical did well.


Other:

Some movies (again, read my Toy Story 3 review) make you feel. High School Musical didn’t. And this musical made me feel only one emotion. The overwhelming feeling of wanting to cover my face and hide from the humiliation (mind you, I didn’t go of my own free will). Oh, and I was insanely curious why the actors in the musical would condemn themselves to such a horrible fate. Overall, I rate this musical as almost mediocre, whereas the best type of movie (*cough Toy Story 3 *cough*) is rated utterly awe-inspiring and phenomenal.But I have to say that I'm not very experienced with this thing and my family loved it.

No comments: