Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My Mount Madonna Adventure

On September 7, 2009, my sister, mother, my grandmother, two cousins, my uncle, my aunt, and I went to the Mount Madonna Center. It is a kind of Indian resort/retreat. It has a temple, a picnic area, cabins, a yoga area, a cafe, and more! It was really new, too.

We left our house at 10:00 A.M. I don’t know when we arrived. I was kind of skeptical about mountains since we went up and down a horrible one called Mt. Hamilton sometime ago. We got mountain sickness, headaches, hunger pains, and more there. I just crossed my fingers and hoped Mt. Madonna was nothing like that. And it wasn’t. It was covered in beautiful greenery. It was much safer there, too. The turns were gentle as well. I knew right then that it was going to be a great day.

The first thing we did was go to the temple. It was new, clean, warm, and shady. It had huge shade-like thing at the top. The floor was a mixture of carpets, tiles, and rugs. They were all soft and warm. The mixture of all the different colors of the rugs and carpets was incredible! There were also little statues everywhere. I really liked it.

Stop # 2: The Anjaneya Cafe. It was a little, comfortable place. It was also near

some private picnic tables.

Moving on. The next place we went to was the picnic area. However, most of the tables were reservations only. However, I found two tables with no reservation required. I ate some chitraanna, madurvade, and potato chips and drank some pink lemonade. It was delicious.

Next, we had a photo spree at the picnic table. We took a picture of everyone climbing on tree stumps and moss and a lot of other things.


Finally, my father, sister, cousins, uncle, and me went on a 1 mile hike. We saw redwood trees and huge, fallen, moss covered logs and one of the less nice aspects of the hike: HORSE DUNG! It echoed all around and I made a few noises exploiting the echoes.

Finally, at 2:00 P.M. we went home. We took one of our cousins with us and my sister played with her on the way back.

We returned home, tired but happy, at 3:30 P.M.

Mt. Madonna was an AWESOME place. My family has even decided to stay there for a day in spring. Anyhow, I LOVED our trip picnic at Mt. Madonna. It was GREAT. I hope we go there more times.

No comments: