Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Return to California...

On August 11, 2009, at 2:00 (India) in the morning, my sister, grandmother, and I were in Banglore International Airport preparing to go back to California. We had arrived in India a month ago on July 5, 2009. We had a lot of fun in India, but now we had to go.

We were flying on Dragonair Airlines. Before we left, we had some issues with luggage weight. I was already tired when we got into the plane. The flight was delayed because of paperwork. I decided to sleep because it was taking so long. I slept for about 2 hours. I didn’t do much during the flight besides sleeping and having a light snack.

When we got to Hong Kong, it was lunchtime. My sister and I ate our brunch and we got ready to go to California. I also did a short Sandhyavandanam. After our luggage was searched, some complications were aroused that almost made us miss our flight. I’m not going to go into detail of the events because I don’t think any of us would want to be reminded of those grueling and terrifying 45 minutes. Luckily, we got to the plane in time.

This time we were flying on Cathay Pacific Airlines. Since I had already gotten a lot of sleep, I wasn’t tired at all. Anyway, for once, the plane left without delay. I watched some TV and a few movies during the 12-hour trip. My sister and I ate some pasta for our Lunner (like brunch, except a mix of lunch and dinner instead of breakfast and lunch). We also drank a lot of apple juice.

When we got to San Francisco International Airport, we were really happy because we would be able to see our parents again, who had left India 2 weeks earlier. It didn’t take long to go through customs because my sister and I are U.S. permanent residents and citizens. We picked up all our suitcases, and right when we went out, our parents came.
They told us they had just come. It was good to see them again. We went home, I did my Madhyanka, we ate lunch, our parents returned to work, and me, my grandmother, and my sister relaxed for the afternoon.

Today is August 17, 2009. We have been in California for 6 days. I have no jetlag, aside for the fact that I didn’t get a second of sleep on the first night back. I already miss India, but I’m having fun here. On the 20th my 4th cousin (my cousin’s, cousin’s, cousin’s, cousin) Vignesh is coming to visit from Dallas. I only remember him from when we visited his house last year. School is starting on the 24th.

I had a really great visit to India.

No comments: