Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My Grandmother

This year, my grandmother came to visit us from India. She had also been here in September of 2009. We really enjoyed her company.

Once, a two days before she left, on May 29, we went cherry picking with her. First, we went to the Livermore temple after getting some food for a picnic we were going to have with our cousins. We met our cousins once we got to the cherry farm and started picking and eating cherries.




Funnily enough, it was the black cherries that tasted best, contrary to the generic red cherry. During the picnic part of our trip, we ate angel food cake, Hawaiian buns, and drank CapriSun Roaring Waters juice. I also *cough, cough* tried to skip stones. If you didn’t pick up the hints, I failed miserably.

My grandmother also made great food. Every day, she made something new and exciting. She showed me “allu muttar” and I REALLY liked it.

My grandmother left on June 1, 2010. On the day before, I made her a picture showing our whole family together. We wished her a happy journey before we left for school and she left for the airport.

I really miss my grandmother and hopes she comes back soon. Luckily, soon, my other grandparents are coming. I can’t wait!

No comments: