Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Pomeroy, 6th Grade, and Graduation

This year, I was in 6th grade, my last year at Marshall Pomeroy Elementary School. In 6th grade, I had a lot of fun. We went on great field trips, worked on great projects, and just had a lot of fun.

On Thursday, June 10, 2010, we had our graduation. It was the last day of school and my last day at Marshall Pomeroy Elementary School. We had practiced three times for the ceremony a few days before it happened.



Upon starting the ceremony, we went to our seats with our partners. Then we listened to a speech by our principal, Mrs. Berman. It was also her last year at Pomeroy. Then we listened to our classmates make speeches. And then we started getting out graduation certificates. I was one of the first people to get the certificate. After giving everyone their certificates, Mrs. Berman made a second speech. And then we went and ate refreshments. It was an AWESOME day that ended an AWESOME year.

Back in class, we watched some episodes of the old 1930's cartoon, The 3 Stooges. It was EPICALLY funny. We went outside and played for a while after that. Finally, we came back in, stacked up desks and chairs, got our report cards, and left at 12 o'clock A.M. At home my parents gave me a GRAD(uation) balloon and we ate a small celebratory cake and some pasta.

I've been going to Pomeroy all my life. Actually, the majority of my school life was spent there. 7 out of the 13 years(kindergarten being the first) were spent at Pomeroy! Every year, I enjoyed myself immensely. In kindergarten, I learned to socialize and how to use motor skills. In first grade, I learned how work independently on projects. In second grade, I learned relatively advanced reading and math. In third grade, I did a LOT of reading that was truly advanced, such as the first six Harry Potter books. In fourth grade, I learned science, history, math, reading, and other subjects. In fifth grade, I learned art, drug awareness, and very advanced math. And finally, this year, In sixth grade, I learned art, creativity, advanced math, language arts, and poetry. I shall sorely miss my great years in Pomeroy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i go to pomeroy

Anonymous said...

i go to pomeroy