Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Open House and my Term Project

I wrote this post a while ago, but posting now as you can see!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This week, on May 19, 2010, I presented my Term Project. Every year, students have to study something that interests them and make a presentation about it. I made a video and a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation. My Term Project was on neurosurgery, a very difficult research topic. I went to the library one day and took out some books that could help me research. Then I started typing my presentation with the books and some help from the Internet. Finally, when I finished typing, I started practicing my presentation. When I presented it, my classmates said it was well researched. Here is a link to the small video I made from pictures from the Internet.

The next day, May 20, 2010, we had Open House. Open House is a HUGE event. Every year, in the days leading up to Open House, teachers clean up their rooms and get all sorts of stuff to show parents. There is also a barbeque (I didn’t attend because I’m vegetarian, and there was no veggie stuff), an ice-cream social, a book fair, an art fair, and classroom visitation.

First, we left at about 6:00 P.M. At 6:10 P.M., we arrived. The first thing I did was getting our pre-ordered ice-cream social tickets. Before I had ice cream, though, I went to the art fair to find the picture I drew for it. It wasn’t there. I had some ice cream.

Then we went to the book fair. This year, my sister bought Harry Potter 6 (we lost our last copy) and a Judy Moody book. I bought a book called N.E.R.D.S. and a book on paper airplanes. Then I visited my classroom and presented my Term Project again there. No one listened! I then went with some friends and we talked and raced. It was a lot of fun. Finally, I went and saw my 4th grade teacher, Mrs.Downey, just before Open House ended. After I visited her, we left.

This is my last year at Marshall Pomeroy Elementary School. I really think I put my last Open House to good use.

No comments: